We are looking for a motivated procurement specialist to analyze and manage our lumber procurement activities for two WI companies. The procurement specialist’s responsibilities include sourcing new suppliers, ensuring that the purchased products and materials meet specific technical specifications, negotiating purchase prices and terms, evaluating supplier performance, ensuring timely deliveries and resolving any supply issues or discrepancies.
• Apply with your Indeed or Job Center of WI resume, or complete the application found at https://www.owens-flooring.com/careers/.
• Position requires working with two WI locations: Oshkosh and Shawano.
• Benefits available.
• Demonstrate a good working knowledge of processes and purchasing strategies.
• Knowledge of acceptable defects, grades, and species per NHLA guidelines.
• A working understanding of the forestry market, pricing, supply/demand trends and environmental regulations.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers in order to negotiate pricing and continuous material availability.
• Excellent communication.
• Analytical thinker.
• Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
• Travel between two companies.
• Analyze and compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing.
• Analyze, evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors.
• Develop and manage sources of lumber and plywood providing the best balance of quality and continuity of supply, within current pricing guidelines.
• Develop efficient procurement solutions.
• Support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
• Responsible for accuracy of raw material inventory control in ERP tag system.
• Responsible for raw material inventory turns, reutilizing immobile lumber/blanks and veneer where appropriate.
• Enter and track purchase orders to meet customer order demand.
• Coordinate raw material inbound freight quotes and delivery schedules with shipping department.
• Respond to daily Sales team request-for-quote for custom order and standard product items.
• Create or improve tracking of material utilization, yields, costs, labor conversion costs, etc in order to provide feedback to Management team.
• Provide direction to rough mill and frame saw departments on material mix to get best yield while balance labor costs.
• Develop quote to actual production cost tracking to improve speed and accuracy of sales quote requests.
• Hours will be split between office and hands on shop floor grading, training, etc.
• Primary objective is to reduce material costs by 2% of net sales via raw material cost reduction, upgrading lumber/blanks, and veneer yield improvement, etc.
The post Owens Flooring LLC Seeking Procurement Specialist appeared first on Hardwood Floors Magazine.